4-H Livestock Show & Sale
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
2024 Livestock Show & Sale
Our 2024 Livestock Show and Sale is scheduled for May 1, 2024. Registration is now live!
The USDA’s Farm Service Agency provides youth loans to eligible participants to help finance agricultural-related projects. Click the link below to find out more.
Livestock Show Rules & Registration Form
- December 1st – Heifer Registration Forms Due
- January 1st- Heifer On-Farm Date
- January 31st – Goat, Hog, & Lamb Registration Forms Due
- March 2nd – Goat, Hog, & Lamb On-Farm Date
- May 1st – Washington County 4-H Livestock Show
- Parents/Guardians are required to complete one form per exhibitor. Youth may show two animals of different species. No changes (aside from deletions) can be made to entries after January 31 of the show year.
- Attention Hog Exhibitors: Families are not required to terminate their swine projects this year. Please note this rule is subject to change based on current animal health and NC State Veterinarian regulations.
- Attention Goat & Lamb Exhibitors: Families will be responsible for taking their animals to market after the show! No transportation will be arranged by Cooperative Extension. Hogs will still have a ride to the market.
- Cloverbuds and new exhibitors must attend at least one showmanship clinic (or approved alternate activity).
- All exhibitors are required to keep an accurate digital log of their project and turn in completed thank-you notes for all buyers after the show and sale.
- We will be utilizing 4-H Online to maintain the required paperwork. Please enroll or reenroll your child. If you have forgotten your password, please do not create a new account, instead, do a “password reset.” For families with limited internet access, please complete this paper version and return it to the office.
- Cloverbud Livestock Log
- Junior & Senior Livestock Log (use this to get started; copies will be uploaded into Google family folders after January 31.)
- Goat Showmanship
- Lamb Showmanship
- Swine Showmanship
- Questions a Judge Might Ask…
- Tips for your First Livestock Project
- Digital Showmanship Resources
Other Livestock Show Files
- Livestock Producer List (from Washington County Extension)
- Livestock Producer List (from NC State)
- Parent Form
- Buyer Form
Have Questions? Get in contact with the Extension Office!