2020 4-H Summer Kits
Our 2020 4-H Summer Programming will look a little different! We are offering at-home experiences through weekly kits. Each kit will focus on a specific program area and offer some age-appropriate, educational opportunities and supplies for youth to complete. Please note additional programs may be offered, so follow us on Facebook for updates!
The kits are designed for youth ages 5-12. Each kit will be $10 or you can subscribe to 4 for $30 or all 8 for $60! Instructions, and some supplies, will be included in each kit and may involve video tutorials. The number of kits available each week will be limited!
Follow the link to SIGN UP TODAY!
*If you plan to order kits for multiple children, then you must fill the form out for each child.
**If you do not see the kit you want on the form, all kits have been spoken for. You can contact the office to be placed on the waitlist or get a materials list.
How it works:
- Register– and pay for your week(s).
- Online registration using the Google Form is required. Payment methods include cash (exact change only) or checks made payable to “Washington County 4-H.” We will contact parents/guardians to set up times to receive payments.
- Pick-up or delivery? Kits will be available on the dates listed below.
- For those wishing to pick-up from the Extension Office, we will offer “porch pick-up.”
- If you prefer delivery, we will determine central locations in Roper and Creswell with a designated meeting time.
- Join in– a Zoom wrap up/show and tell every Friday from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- This is not required for participation, but a great way for kids to connect and share what they have learned.
- Back to Basics (releases June 16) – This will be a learning series that focuses on skills many youth have lost touch with, including knot-tying, hand sewing, and hand lettering. We will also include the basics of 4-H for youth who may be new to the program.
- Environmental Exploration (releases June 23)– Whether it’s your backyard or a local state park, activities will encourage youth to explore the great outdoors!
- Citizenship & Personal Development (releases June 30)–Celebrate the USA as we learn the importance of being a good citizen through hands-on learning. In order to be a good citizen though, we need to strive to be the best version of ourselves! We will explore stress relievers like yoga, character building, and developing healthy habits to make the best even better!
- S.T.E.M. Lab (releases July 7)–Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math! We will provide engaging activities that make STEM more than just an acronym.
- Animal Science (releases July 14)–From puppies to poultry, we will explore the world of animals!
- Agricultural Exploration (releases July 21)–Join us virtually as we find out where our food comes from! This kit will include interactive activities along with video tours of farms showing just how our food gets from the farm to the grocery store.
- Culinary Challenge (releases July 28)–Youth will be provided with basic kitchen utensils & recipes to hold their own at-home culinary challenge!
- Arts Academy (releases August 4)–Join us as we explore the world of art, sewing, crafts, and more!